Boerewors Explained...

My Boerewors
Most of you will know the nickname I have for my husband, my love and significant other - My Boerewors.

Some of you asked what exactly a boerewors is.  So now I'm going to try and explain what I mean....

Firstly, Boerewors is a long thick spicy sausage popular in South African cuisine. The name comes from the Afrikaans words boer ("farmer") and wors ("sausage") and is pronounced [boo-rah-vors] in Afrikaans, with a trilled "r".  Boerewors is usually braaied aka barbequed on a grill over a charcoal open fire.

There is a saying in Afrikaans that goes "Ek is lief vir Wors - hang vars aan die Boer" which directly translated means, "I love Sausage, hanging Fresh on the Farmer" which actually has a wicked sexual connotation referring to his willy.  His Wors being his willy....yeah, thats where his nickname comes from.   

My husband is an Afrikaans speaking South African so thats why I call him My Boerewors.  He's my sausage - referring to his generous appendage....gerrit??

Boerewors Explained...

Verskriklike Lekkerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive