My Wee Holiday and Natal Visit

liday and I'm glad we made the last-minute decision to drive down to Natal to spend a few days with my mum and dad before mum's Vertebroplasty surgery.  Mum was really anxious about her surgery as she's never had any surgical procedures done in the entire 67 years of her life.  It was a big deal for her.

We left Johannesburg at 3am on Saturday morning and arrived in Natal about 11am.  It was a long drive but worth it to see the surprised look on my mum's face when we arrived at her gate.  She couldn't believe we'd just driven over 700km just to see her.  We spent the next few days pottering around the South Coast and visiting the ocean with the girls a lot.  They love the beach!

All went well with Mum's scheduled back surgery yesterday. It seems to have been a success and she's already back home recovering.  She as to lie on her back for 2 weeks!  No sitting just standing and lying down.  Then its back to the doctor for more xrays.


The Family


Kaylin, Mum aka Granny, Megan


On the Beach
Megan, Gillian, Kaylin


Margate Beach


Kaylin and Grandpa


Pony Riding at MacBanana
Kaylin


Megan Pony Riding at MacBanana



At the Beach





The light house inside
My legs are still frikken wobblin.  By the time we got back down all those stairs I needed an alcoholic beverage to calm my nerves.
My first time in a lighthouse and it was pretty nerve wracking but pretty kewl


Megan and Kaylin at the Pool by Margate Beachfront


A Gorgeous Palm Beach Sunset

more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive