A Month's Worth of Blepharospasm

So you're asking yourself what the fuck is a Blepharospasm?  Right?  Oh I can hear your brain burning...

Well, lemmie tell you Plonkers.  It is the technical term for involuntary eye twitching or eye spasms. Elephantiasis is more specifically defined as an abnormal involuntary blinking or spasm of the eyelids.

I have experienced this on an off for about a month now.

It all started one morning when I was in a hurry to get to work and was rushing to get ready.  I was putting on my mascara, the mascara brush slipped and scratched against my eye-ball.  Yes, I did say a lot of Fuckity Fuck Fuck words that morning and it was muthafuckin sore. 

Anyway, that day my eye started jumping and twitching (its more of a tiny muscle spasm) and its been doing it on and off ever since.  Its been about a month now since it started.  It starts as soon as I put my mascara on and its only in my right eye.  (The eye I tried to gauge out with the mascara brush). 

It is starting to irritate the crap out of me now!  It normally starts when I start to talk to someone or concentrate too hard.  WFT?!?!  I sometimes put pressure on the eye just to get it to stop.  It only works sometimes. 

Has anyone else experienced this?   

Or is it just a friendly prior warning that the Big Men with the White Coats are coming to get me?

I googled and got this?  There is even an Eye Twitching Forum that I can join.


Causes of Eye Twitching:

There are various causes of eye twitching in its serious and not so serious formats. The more common causes for eye twitching include:
  • Stress
  • Corneal irritation or injury
  • Lack of sleep
  • Fatigue
  • Prolonged staring or eye strain
  • Neurological disorders
  • Possibly Hereditary 
  •  
    Whatever the cause its fucking annoying!!
    Perhaps I should try poke a hole in my other eyeball and it might cease?!
     
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive